Omron NX FINS UDP

Hi,

i’m trying to connect a PLC OMRON NX using your driver (FINS UDP) and read a WORD but it doesn’t work.

PLC IP: 192.168.250.1
PC IP: 192.168.250.251
Data to read: DR3000

The Ethernet cable is connected directly.

Using my custom driver (developped some year ago using c#) and it works.

Can you help me?

here you are my configuration:

What doesn’t work about it?

Any chance you can use TCP instead and/or get a Wireshark capture?

Is there a reason to not use the NJ driver?

Hi,

this CPU allows only UDP protocol…

The problem is the TAG value : BAD

Can you set the log level for the logger you find searching “FinsReadRequest” to DEBUG and then see what’s in the Ignition gateway logs?

and/or get a Wireshark capture?

https://docs.inductiveautomation.com/display/DOC81/Diagnostics+-+Logs#DiagnosticsLogs-ChangingLoggingLevels

Using the NJ Driver the Driver status goes to "Idle". Tomorrow morning i will study howto configure the symbolic tag.

Here you are the Logs:

FinsReadRequest 12May2022 19:01:45 reading 1 items failed
java.util.concurrent.TimeoutException: timed out after 2000ms

at com.inductiveautomation.omron.fins.client.udp.FinsUdpClient.sendCommand$lambda-0(FinsUdpClient.kt:106)
at io.netty.util.HashedWheelTimer$HashedWheelTimeout.run(HashedWheelTimer.java:715)
at io.netty.util.concurrent.ImmediateExecutor.execute(ImmediateExecutor.java:34)
at io.netty.util.HashedWheelTimer$HashedWheelTimeout.expire(HashedWheelTimer.java:703)
at io.netty.util.HashedWheelTimer$HashedWheelBucket.expireTimeouts(HashedWheelTimer.java:790)
at io.netty.util.HashedWheelTimer$Worker.run(HashedWheelTimer.java:503)
at java.base/java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)|

Ok, so you’re just not getting a response from the device.

This means either you haven’t configured the device to be listening for FINS/UDP or some/all of the “FINS Settings” on the driver need to have non-default values. I think with UDP you may need to set the Nodes to be the last digits of the IP address or something?

Yes you are right. with UDP you need to configure last octect in source/dest node but it still not working.
The Log error is the same as before. This weekend i’m going to use Wireshark to see the differences between my CUSTOM DRIVER and IGNITION ones.

It’s very strange… with others omron PLCs using FINS TCP the ignition driver works well…

Are you using the second port of the CPU? Is the only one that can manage FINS

Hi, sorry for the delay but the reply to this post wasn’t published correctly!
Using the NJ Driver i can read/write all tags correctly!

Hi, using my custom driver the communication works so i think that there is a bug on FINS-UDP ignition driver.

Were you able to get Wireshark captures so we can compare the traffic between the custom driver and Ignition driver?

Hi,
sorry the delay but I am pretty busy these weeks and I do not have time to test it again.
Next week the machine (with PLC) will be installed to the customer plant and remotly i can try to connect and get more tests.