On Call Roster not emailing all recipients

I have an on call roster that has 6 names in it along with the email addresses. When the alarm pipeline is fired only the first 1 or 2 email addresses listed will get the alarm email. And even if I re-order the email addresses only the first or second person will get the email, so I know it’s not the email address itself. Any ideas what might be causing this?

Ensure that your other users are configured to be on schedule with a user schedule in the gateway when alarms are sent, or else the notification will not be send out to them.

Official User Schedules documentation for quick reference.

Hi @toddayers, what version of Ignition are you using?

Thank you. They are all on a schedule that has been set up in the gateway.

1 Like

I am using 7.9.13

Debugging email issues is always tricky, because so much of it happens outside of Ignition.

The first thing to do is determine if Ignition is trying to send all 6 emails. Try setting the logger alarm.Notification.EmailNotificationProfile to trace and see what’s going on. If you get all six users with a log message that starts with Sending email to user then Ignition successfully fired off an email to them and you’ll need to start looking at your SMTP server.

3 Likes

KathyApplebaum I second this. Sometimes when things get real messy having an Audit Profile can see more. Once I had experienced a similar issue (In Ignition 8.0) of notifications seemingly being sent out, but the SMTP email server has been silently denying the requests.