onFileReceived call twice on FileUpload component

@PerryAJ ~/.ignition cache folder for me

Thanks for the clarification. We’ll do some looking - we aren’t intentionally caching anything I can think of that would lead to this behavior. Given that, it’s a bit of ‘finding a needle in a haystack’, except that we don’t even know what the needle looks like.

Either way, do keep us updated if this behavior returns.

2 Likes

@PerryAJ @jball

Hey guys, I’ve had this behavior occur again in the same view it was in previously.

I decided to test a few different devices (both laptops and mobile devices) and this issue wasn’t occurring on any of them.

I then decided to clear my browser cache and that fixed the issue. I didn’t have to clear the ~/.ignition cache at all.

Not sure if this brings any insight to the issue, or if it’s still a case of ‘finding a needle in a haystack’ (because it doesn’t make sense why browser cache would cause an event to fire twice?), but regardless, I hope it helps!

Huh… That makes the issue even stranger as nothing in that component is saved to browser cache, and it would be very unlikely that the upload response could/would get cached and trigger that event multiple times. I appreciate the update Mathew; we can certainly take that information back.

I’m not sure how you guys are handing events, but with my general searches i found numerous posts when searching ‘react event firing twice’, though i’m not sure if they pertain in this instance.

In this case, the event is coming back via the web socket and React doesn’t play much of a part, other than acting as a proxy. Many (but not all) of the component events work this way.

Has anyone come up with a decent solution to this problem? I have this happen daily and clearing the browser and/or ~ignition cache does not fix the issue. However one thing of note this only happens for users onsite. Any user that connects in via VPN does not have this problem.

I am experiencing this as well on 8.1.32. I was able to work around it by staging the files in a hash map. The only downside is that the users have to upload the files and then also hit a save button to save the staged files.
IgnitionPerspective_FileUploadComponent.zip (7.7 KB)

This was fixed as part of 8.1.36.

1 Like

Ran into this issue as well and I am using 8.1.36.

RepetitiveFiring.zip (63.2 KB)

Are you re-using that upload component without clearing its prior uploads? That can cause this, too.

No I am not, I will give that a try thank you @pturmel

Yeah that didn't work

8.1.36 Nightly, or Release? Can you explain what the logging you supplied is supposed to convey to us?