OPC - Can browse - but not asynchronus

Hello all,

I am currently working on a project to bring tags from a HoneyWell Experion PKS server into Ignition.
Yesterday, I discovered that each Experion PKS server has its own built in OPC server.
I'm able to get the tags into Ignition, can browse through them, but when I look at them in OPC-Expert - I am getting a 0x80040202 error.

I've checked all DCOM settings on the host and don't see anything that would be preventing it.
We domain joined the Ignition-GW, running the Ignition service with an authorized account.

Any advice on how to troubleshoot or a potential tunneling setup that would sidestep the Igniton to Experion PKS DCOM connection?

Unfortunately, the servers are running on 2008 R2 so cannot put an Ignition gateway on them (or can I?)

The error from the Makitron side, trying to browse the OPC server from the IG Gateway computer.

HWHsc.OPCServer caused COM/OPC error 0x80040202 on IConnectionPoint.Advise()
GetErrorString() on IOPCServer not implemented or could not resolve error string!
Error string: Could not resolve OPC error code
Additional: Could not establish data callback connection on group ''
Interface address is 0x035E79A4
Vendor detail: Honeywell, INC.

I solved this by running OpcEnum service as the same account as the OPC server on the remote computer.