OPC Connection Fault - Type "Production_ServerType" is not a known server type

Hi all,

Quick question about something that is not stopping me to work but is a bit annoying and not clean.
When I first installed Ignition, I added the some Sepasoft modules to try OEE etc, and following the demo example I installed the simulation “Production” OPC Connection.

Now some time ago I tried to remove it but I probably did something wrong and since then I keep getting a OPC Connection Fault error.

this is the fault description

java.lang.Exception: OPC server connection is faulted. Type "Production_ServerType" is not a known server type.
	at com.inductiveautomation.ignition.gateway.opc.OpcManagerImpl.create(OpcManagerImpl.java:194)
	at com.inductiveautomation.ignition.gateway.opc.OpcManagerImpl.addAllServers(OpcManagerImpl.java:162)
	at com.inductiveautomation.ignition.gateway.opc.OpcManagerImpl.startup(OpcManagerImpl.java:105)
	at com.inductiveautomation.ignition.gateway.SRContext.startupInternal(SRContext.java:1351)
	at com.inductiveautomation.ignition.gateway.redundancy.RedundancyManagerImpl.startup(RedundancyManagerImpl.java:234)
	at com.inductiveautomation.ignition.gateway.SRContext.asyncInit(SRContext.java:1016)
	at com.inductiveautomation.ignition.gateway.SRContext.access$300(SRContext.java:289)
	at com.inductiveautomation.ignition.gateway.SRContext$2.run(SRContext.java:774)
	at com.inductiveautomation.ignition.common.execution.impl.BasicExecutionEngine$ThrowableCatchingRunnable.run(BasicExecutionEngine.java:518)
	at java.util.concurrent.Executors$RunnableAdapter.call(Unknown Source)
	at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(Unknown Source)
	at java.util.concurrent.ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor$ScheduledFutureTask.access$201(Unknown Source)
	at java.util.concurrent.ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor$ScheduledFutureTask.run(Unknown Source)
	at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(Unknown Source)
	at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(Unknown Source)
	at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

7.9.17 (b2021010514)
Oracle Corporation 1.8.0_181

Is there a way to fix this and remove it properly?

Thank you

You’ll have to re-install the OEE module, then delete that OPC connection. And then you can uninstall the OEE module cleanly.

2 Likes

Thank you.
This fixed the issue.