OPC Connections using PLC Emulators

Good Afternoon,

After going over this for a couple hours I’ve hit a wall. I’m relatively new to Ignition but I understand the basics of Gateway and OPC Connections.

I’m trying to configure a connection like the following:

RSLogix Emulate 5000 -> RSLinx -> Ignition

When I move to create a new OPC Connection, I select OPC-DA COM Connection, Then Local. I then get my list populated with OPC Servers I have installed. I select RSLinx OPC Server and the only value I change is my Connection Name.

The end goal of this configuration is to eventually DCOM Tunnel into another Ignition Server to test data over a network. I’m assuming the breakdown is within RSLinx and not Ignition, does anyone have any input?

Thank you.

Your arrows are pointing the wrong direction, but otherwise what you’re doing so far sounds about right.

What isn’t working? Does the OPC-DA connection never get connected? Do you see anything when you try to browse that server?

The server connection screen shows my connection go from Closed to Faulted. Showing the details of the fault returns:

"COM object method returns error code: 0x8007041D; The service did not respond to the start or control request in a timely fashion. "

Have you ran through this KB article yet? support.inductiveautomation.com … onnections

There may be something of use in there, particularly the section about the interactive user (just a guess).

I haven’t yet, but I’ll check it out, thanks.

Edit: That worked! Thank you, the OPC-DA COM Connection worked after updating the OPC Core Components

:smiley: