OPC-DA com connection status is shown faulted

Hi Ignition Team,

I have been trying to connect Rockwell STUDIO 5000 with ignition to do some HMI design testing through OPC / UA. I have been unable to as it shows the status is faulted and the error message is.

COM object method returns error code: 0x80040112; CLASS_E_NOTLICENSED (Class is not licensed for use)

Could you please help me in resolving this.

Thanks in advance

1. why are you using an OPC COM connection instead of OPC UA?

2. it sounds like you may not be licensed to use the OPC COM functionality if whatever server you're connecting to.

1. I am connecting to the OPC COM as I am following a video, the link is attached below. In the video it shows the status is connected. but not while I do it.
  1. I am using in trial mode same as shown in above video's.

Would be great help to know what's to be done.

Thank you

RSLinx as included with RSLogix (RSLinx "Lite") does not permit connections from non-Rockwell software. You need an RSLinx licensed version to connect from Ignition.

1 Like

Thank you for the clarification, any idea which version of RSLinx is suitable for 3rd party software's? Such as Igntion to connect through OPC/UA.

It would be FactoryTalk Linx (Formerly RSLinx Enterprise) for the OPC/UA functionality, IIRC. You probably want either the "Single Node" or "Gateway" license. You should probably talk to your Rockwell distributor (you will need to anyways, to get pricing).

Alright, thank you for the help. Much appreciated. I will have a chat with the distributor regarding the same.