OPC server faults

I installed version 7.6 beta 1 on a fresh system and did a gateway backup from version 7.5.5 and a gateway restore.
The restored system didn’t have any of my SQL tags in it.
Next I did a CSV export and import and the tags didn’t appear even after a refresh, however once I closed and reloaded designer the tags could be seen.
However the Ignition OPC server is faulted as is my remote Ignition OPC server version 7.5.5 panel edition.
Next I tried installing on top of an existing 7.5.5 system and had similar results. The local Ignition OPC server is faulted as is my remote Ignition OPC server.

The new version has a nice look and feel to it, I like the drop down boxes.

Can you send your logs.bin.gz to support?

Also, go to the modules page and tell me what version and build number of the OPC-UA module you have.

Attached Files, Thanks
Ignition Modules.txt (2.02 KB)
logs.bin.gz (609 KB)

Those logs are from January?

Can you go ahead and try the latest beta that’s posted and see if it works?

The OPC-UA module included in beta1 was snagged from the dev branch at an inopportune time, it’s not surprising things are broken.

Kevin
I had the same thing happen when trying to restore our running backup to my test vm with b2 running on it. I have attached the logs. Please note I have network disabled on this vm so I don’t interfere with our running gateway.
logs.bin.gz (52.7 KB)

[quote=“gadgetguru69”]Kevin
I had the same thing happen when trying to restore our running backup to my test vm with b2 running on it. I have attached the logs. Please note I have network disabled on this vm so I don’t interfere with our running gateway.[/quote]

What’s the build number of the OPC-UA module you’ve got on your beta2 installation?

And what are the issues you’re seeing? There’s nothing obvious in the logs other than some messages about configuration conversion failing, but that shouldn’t cause your OPC-UA connection to be faulted or anything.

Kevin
the module OPCUA is version 1.6.0 (b566).

[quote=“gadgetguru69”]Kevin
the module OPCUA is version 1.6.0 (b566).[/quote]

You have the correct UA module and there’s nothing in your logs, what symptoms are you experiencing?

Well if you install the b2 and restore an existing project. Then open project and look at the tags they are all gone. Using backup from 7.5.6 when I do this. If you look under the All Providers there are no tags listed there either.

I did some more looking at the gateway this morning and it looks like to me that the problem in part is due to the fact that the gateway restore is not bringing in all the configured devices. Out of about 30 devices only 3 or 4 come in on a restore. I have tried several different backups and they all do the same thing. So if its not brining in the devices correctly then I can only assume there could be other things its not restoring correctly.

Can you try restarting the UA module after the restore?

Ok upon initial restore of project I will get anywhere for 3 to 5 devices that show up in the devices list. Each time I do a restart of the OPCUA module it pulls in 2 or 3 more. After about 20 restarts I have all of the devices but still have no tags in the designer. I even restarted the gateway after all devices were showing up and no go.

Kevin If you want send me a ticket # and ill upload the project.

Upload the gateway backup to 10597 please.

We’ve located/fixed a few different issues with importing a backup to 7.6. Thanks for your help and patience.

Hopefully we can get a beta3 up soon-ish.

No problem. Just running it on VM test machine now anyway.