OPC servers not connecting to redundant server

I am experiencing some issues with several of our OPC servers not connecting to my redundant ignition server.

The OPC servers are all connected to the master server, but not the redundant server.

They were previously connected, but the master server went down, and the OPC servers dropped the connections to the redundant server after the failover

Any ideas what could cause this, and how I can resolve the issue?

I have tried disabling, and enabling the OPC servers through the configuration page, and I have restarted the KEPserverEX program for the sites that are not connecting to the redundant server.

The OPC server status page shows “Closed” on the redundant server for the sites that are not connected

I can’t really understand the setup you have from the description you’ve given. Do you have a digram you can use? You have other OPC servers connecting to Ignition’s UA server somehow? (Kepware client driver?) I’m not really sure what you’re trying to describe.

I meant the OPC servers are not connecting to the redundant Ignition gateway.

In the console of the redundant gateway I am getting the following error:

Time	Logger	Message

ERROR 10:17:21 PM com.inductiveautomation.xopc.gateway.config.certificates.CertificatesTabs Error retriving certificates.

see attached screenshot
ignitioni.doc (399 KB)

Do you mean that when the backup Ignition gateway takes over (because the master went down, assumedly), that it’s OPC connections aren’t all in the CONNECTED state?

Can you email your logs to support@inductiveautomation.com? You may need to call into support on Monday and have them look at this live.

We are experiencing the same exact issue with the latest stable release of v7.6.2. All AB processors over Ethernet, redundant system. A reboot of the Master system brings everything back to life…usually, or waiting ~10 minutes or so has also solved the issue, but that is not really a viable solution in a production environment. The OPC failure happens on the server first, and the redundant backup always has a faulted OPC-UA connection (we are not using any outside OPC servers). It looks the same as the previously attached screen shot.
Could this have something to do with the OPC-UA certificates? There is nothing at all in the UM about managing the OPC certificates.

[quote=“scott_stc”]We are experiencing the same exact issue with the latest stable release of v7.6.2. All AB processors over Ethernet, redundant system. A reboot of the Master system brings everything back to life…usually, or waiting ~10 minutes or so has also solved the issue, but that is not really a viable solution in a production environment. The OPC failure happens on the server first, and the redundant backup always has a faulted OPC-UA connection (we are not using any outside OPC servers). It looks the same as the previously attached screen shot.
Could this have something to do with the OPC-UA certificates? There is nothing at all in the UM about managing the OPC certificates.[/quote]

The certificates only matter when connecting to 3rd part OPC-UA servers - if the connection is to Ignition’s OPC-UA server the certificate doesn’t have to be a perfect match.

It’s probably just a configuration issue. Usually the endpoint address under the UA module settings is no longer correct or the OPC server connection is configured with something other than ‘localhost’, or both. If you call support they should be able to troubleshoot it with you.

Was there any resolution to this?
We are now experiencing OPC-UA not connecting.
version 7.9.10
We setup a redundancy gateway for testing and now the master seems to be stuck in ‘Connecting’ status.
We removed redundancy and restarted but no luck.

We have same problem with OPC DA running V8.1.28 it connects with master but redudent gateway shows error: com.jniwrapper.win32.com.ComException: COM object method returns error code: 0x800706BA; The RPC server is unavailable.