OPC UA connection faulted

I installed Ignition v7.9 on my PC. And I use Node-RED to deploy an OPC UA Server on the Raspberrypi.
The Raspberrypi is behind a NAT. And I use frp to make it accessable remotely. I just tested it successfully with an OPC UA Client. But it didn’t work while using Igniton. The error message is below:

java.nio.channels.UnresolvedAddressException
	at sun.nio.ch.Net.checkAddress(Unknown Source)
	at sun.nio.ch.SocketChannelImpl.connect(Unknown Source)
	at io.netty.channel.socket.nio.NioSocketChannel.doConnect(NioSocketChannel.java:209)
	at io.netty.channel.nio.AbstractNioChannel$AbstractNioUnsafe.connect(AbstractNioChannel.java:207)
	at io.netty.channel.DefaultChannelPipeline$HeadContext.connect(DefaultChannelPipeline.java:1279)
	at io.netty.channel.AbstractChannelHandlerContext.invokeConnect(AbstractChannelHandlerContext.java:453)
	at io.netty.channel.AbstractChannelHandlerContext.connect(AbstractChannelHandlerContext.java:439)
	at io.netty.channel.ChannelDuplexHandler.connect(ChannelDuplexHandler.java:50)
	at io.netty.channel.AbstractChannelHandlerContext.invokeConnect(AbstractChannelHandlerContext.java:453)
	at io.netty.channel.AbstractChannelHandlerContext.connect(AbstractChannelHandlerContext.java:439)
	at io.netty.channel.AbstractChannelHandlerContext.connect(AbstractChannelHandlerContext.java:421)
	at io.netty.channel.DefaultChannelPipeline.connect(DefaultChannelPipeline.java:1024)
	at io.netty.channel.AbstractChannel.connect(AbstractChannel.java:203)
	at io.netty.bootstrap.Bootstrap$2.run(Bootstrap.java:167)
	at io.netty.util.concurrent.SingleThreadEventExecutor.runAllTasks(SingleThreadEventExecutor.java:358)
	at io.netty.channel.nio.NioEventLoop.run(NioEventLoop.java:374)
	at io.netty.util.concurrent.SingleThreadEventExecutor$2.run(SingleThreadEventExecutor.java:112)
	at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

7.9.7 (b2018032914)
Oracle Corporation 1.8.0_172

Additional informations maybe useful:
PC: Windows 7 Ultimate SP1 + Igniton: 7.9.7
Raspberrypi: Raspbian + Node-RED
OPC UA Server: node-red-contrib-iiot-opcua
OPC UA Client: UA Sample Client from OPC UA Foundation
Security Mode: None
Security Policy: None
Message Encoding: binary

And I noticed the similar issue: java.nio.channels.UnresolvedAddressException
But it didn’t work for me.

Are you sure you set up the Host Override correctly?

I set the Host Override as “192.168.1.5”, which is the IP address of the Raspberry Pi. And the error message is below:

UaException: status=Bad_Timeout, message=io.netty.channel.ConnectTimeoutException: connection timed out: /192.168.1.5:55388
	at org.eclipse.milo.opcua.stack.client.UaTcpStackClient.lambda$bootstrap$15(UaTcpStackClient.java:507)
	at io.netty.util.concurrent.DefaultPromise.notifyListener0(DefaultPromise.java:683)
	at io.netty.util.concurrent.DefaultPromise.notifyListeners0(DefaultPromise.java:604)
	at io.netty.util.concurrent.DefaultPromise.notifyListeners(DefaultPromise.java:564)
	at io.netty.util.concurrent.DefaultPromise.tryFailure(DefaultPromise.java:425)
	at io.netty.channel.nio.AbstractNioChannel$AbstractNioUnsafe$1.run(AbstractNioChannel.java:222)
	at io.netty.util.concurrent.PromiseTask$RunnableAdapter.call(PromiseTask.java:38)
	at io.netty.util.concurrent.ScheduledFutureTask.run(ScheduledFutureTask.java:120)
	at io.netty.util.concurrent.SingleThreadEventExecutor.runAllTasks(SingleThreadEventExecutor.java:358)
	at io.netty.channel.nio.NioEventLoop.run(NioEventLoop.java:374)
	at io.netty.util.concurrent.SingleThreadEventExecutor$2.run(SingleThreadEventExecutor.java:112)
	at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
Caused by: io.netty.channel.ConnectTimeoutException: connection timed out: /192.168.1.5:55388
	at io.netty.channel.nio.AbstractNioChannel$AbstractNioUnsafe$1.run(AbstractNioChannel.java:220)
	... 6 more

7.9.7 (b2018032914)
Oracle Corporation 1.8.0_172

You've just got a basic networking error now. The creation of the TCP connection is timing out. If you're certain the server is running you'll have to look closer at your network / firewall setup.

Thank you for your replying. I just turn off the firewall, but it still occurs the same error message. Maybe I need to show you the network structure.

As you see, I find that the IP address of the OPC UA Server on site and routers in the office is on the same network segment. Is it possible that Ignition get the Host Override (192.168.1.5) and it actually only searches devices conneted Router A instead of OPC UA Server on site?

I just conneted it successfully by setting the Host Override to ip_of_port_fowarding_server:port_of_port_fowarding_server instead of the real IP and port of the OPC UA Server behind NAT.