OPC UA Connection getting faulted very often

Hi,

I have connected the Ignition Gateway & Redlion DAQ device with OPC UA server configured in it. The connection in Ignition is very often getting Faulted with following error. By the same time I can see the Redlion device is working and even I could able to ping the device. Need a solution to resolve this problem.

session inactive: id=NodeId{ns=0, id=10002} name=ignition[Ignition-hostname]_REDLION_OPC_UA_1572350442525

java.lang.Exception: session inactive: id=NodeId{ns=0, id=10002} name=ignition[Ignition-hostname]_REDLION_OPC_UA_1572350442525
	at com.inductiveautomation.ignition.gateway.opcua.client.connection.OpcUaConnection$MiloSessionActivityListener.onSessionInactive(OpcUaConnection.kt:243)
	at org.eclipse.milo.opcua.sdk.client.session.SessionFsmFactory.lambda$null$31(SessionFsmFactory.java:557)
	at java.util.concurrent.CopyOnWriteArrayList.forEach(Unknown Source)
	at org.eclipse.milo.opcua.sdk.client.session.SessionFsmFactory.lambda$configureActiveState$32(SessionFsmFactory.java:557)
	at com.digitalpetri.strictmachine.dsl.ActionBuilder$PredicatedTransitionAction.execute(ActionBuilder.java:76)
	at com.digitalpetri.strictmachine.StrictMachine$PollAndEvaluate.lambda$run$0(StrictMachine.java:207)
	at java.util.ArrayList.forEach(Unknown Source)
	at com.digitalpetri.strictmachine.StrictMachine$PollAndEvaluate.run(StrictMachine.java:198)
	at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(Unknown Source)
	at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(Unknown Source)
	at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

7.9.12 (b2019070213)
Oracle Corporation 1.8.0_202

Can you upload the logs from your gateway? Does it reconnect on its own or require intervention?

Hi Kevin,

Thanks for immediate response, Since the log file was more than 30mb messaged you the file through forum(from your forum profile page).

Yes the Ignition try to reconnect automatically for few times, But most of the time once I restart the redlion device Ignition could able to connect with the device automatically. But again in another short span the opc ua connection is getting faulted.

The device seems to be closing the connection whenever Ignition invokes the ResendData method. This is called during a reconnect so that’s problematic.

In the logs I saw 2 different reasons for a reconnect to occur in the first place: the first is that the device sometimes didn’t respond to the keep alive requests in time, which causes Ignition to reconnect. The other times a sequence number was skipped in a PublishResponse, Ignition called Republish to try and recover the missed data, the server indicated it could not republish that message and so Ignition invoked the ResendData method and then the server closed the connection.

You’re going to need to get Red Lion support involved because this seems like a bug in their server.

Thank you Kevin, Sure will reach out to redlion reg this.