OPC UA Devices Connections Problem with Ignition and Siemens S7-1200 PLC

Hi There,

I've been running lately in a new problem using my Siemens S7-1200 PLC. This PLC is paired with Ignition for about 2 years now and we use Ignition for the HMI and also to store those tags values into our DB. The programming of the PLC is done via TIA Portal V13 and Ignition is on version 8.1.4.

The problem started during the night when no operation where running but the PLC is always connected to the gateway. The problem is that I get those BasicRequestCycle - exception caught during sendrequest() ERROR every second. I am still able to write to tags and read value in the PLC. Sometimes designer/vision give me a low level communication error inside the application when I try to write to tags inside the PLC via the HMI. when you check the status on the devices page you don't really something that doesn't seem right except the BasicRequestCycle errors.

The first three error contained that long explication of the problem and after that the explication is simply jana.lang.Null.PointerException : null

That trouble is also causing a lot of problem on all the other process that use Ignition. It's probably using a lot of the gateway resources and our other scripts on different equipment are not able to run correctly.

Thanks for your time and sorry for my english. I'm french main language !

Let me know if you guys need more info that I forgot to attach.

Just to provide closure to this, through a support ticket they discovered scripts that were writing a NULL value. After disabling the scripts the issue was resolved.

1 Like