OPC UA Niagara 4

Greetings all. I am new to ignition and am taking the 8 beta for a test drive. I’ve set up an opc ua server on a Tridium Niagara (4) Jace. I can discover the endpoint in ignition but get some errors no matter how I configure.

“UaException: status=Bad_ConfigurationError, message=KeyPair not configured”

In the niagara console it appears like it’s rejecting ignition’s self signed cert. Any help would be great!

Best,
Brandon

You probably need to import or mark Ignition’s client certificate as trusted somehow. I’ve never heard of this software so I can’t really give you any suggestions.

Just noticed this is in the Ignition 8 section. If you’re using security, you’ll also have to trust the server’s certificate in Ignition. In the data dir of the Ignition install there should be a folder with rejected certificates (data/opcua/server/security/pki/rejected) and you can move the certificate to the trusted folder (data/opcua/server/security/pki/trusted/certs).

2 posts were split to a new topic: [BadSecurityChecksFailed] Reason: sun.security.provider.certpath.SunCertPathBuilderException

Hi Brandon, we are trying to connect to a Niagara Jace version 3.6.406.7. Do you know if you can use the OPC UA server in Ignition 8.18 to connect to this version of the Jace? If you think it would, could you share how you determined the endpoint? I not seeing any reject certs, but I am not able to get that far.
This is the message I get: UaException: status=Bad_ConnectionRejected, message=io.netty.channel.AbstractChannel$AnnotatedConnectException: Connection refused: no further information: /10.9.216.100:65528

Thanks in advance for any help you can give me.