OPC-UA server "CONNECTING"

This has happened to me a few times the last couple of days while doing some design and testing locally on my laptop. The OPC Connection status either shows “CONNECTING” or “Faulted”. Below is the error description. If I stop and then start the gateway it fixes the issue.

com.inductiveautomation.xopc.common.UAException: null
com.inductiveautomation.xopc.common.stack.TCPClientChannel.sendAsynchronous(TCPClientChannel.java:392)
com.inductiveautomation.xopc.common.stack.TCPClientChannel.send(TCPClientChannel.java:274)
com.inductiveautomation.xopc.common.stack.AbstractRemoteServer.createSession(AbstractRemoteServer.java:269)
com.inductiveautomation.xopc.common.stack.AsyncRemoteServer.createSession(AsyncRemoteServer.java:344)
com.inductiveautomation.xopc.client.ua.CreateSession.createSession(CreateSession.java:39)
com.inductiveautomation.xopc.client.ua.UAClient.connect(UAClient.java:97)
com.inductiveautomation.xopc.client.sropc.OPCUAServer.connect(OPCUAServer.java:399)
com.inductiveautomation.xopc.client.sropc.OPCUAServer.verifyConnectionState(OPCUAServer.java:422)
com.inductiveautomation.ignition.gateway.opc.OPCManagerImpl$ServerWrapper.verifyConnectionState(OPCManagerImpl.java:681)
com.inductiveautomation.ignition.gateway.opc.OPCManagerImpl$OPCConnectionKeepalive.run(OPCManagerImpl.java:568)
com.inductiveautomation.ignition.common.execution.impl.BasicExecutionEngine$TrackedTask.run(BasicExecutionEngine.java:552)
java.util.concurrent.Executors$RunnableAdapter.call(Unknown Source)java.util.concurrent.FutureTask$Sync.innerRunAndReset(Unknown Source)
java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.runAndReset(Unknown Source)java.util.concurrent.ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor$ScheduledFutureTask.access$101(Unknown Source)
java.util.concurrent.ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor$ScheduledFutureTask.runPeriodic(Unknown Source)java.util.concurrent.ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor$ScheduledFutureTask.run(Unknown Source)
java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.runTask(Unknown Source)java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(Unknown Source)java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

What version of Ignition are you using? And can you upload the entire wrapper.log or email it to support@inductiveautomation.com?

I am starting up a new system, so I am running the Ignition gateway locally on my laptop again. I am still having this issue where the OPC-UA server fails to connect. I don’t understand what causes it, but restarting the gateway always fixes it temporarily. I think it has something to do with losing the connection to my device since I am on wireless and am frequently powering off my machine during debug. I was running 7.2.3 and just installed 7.2.4 this morning. Here is the latest error description:

com.inductiveautomation.ignition.common.opcua.InternalUAException: java.net.SocketException: Network is unreachable: no further information
com.inductiveautomation.xopc.client.stack.TCPClientChannel.open(TCPClientChannel.java:230)com.inductiveautomation.xopc.client.stack.remote.AbstractRemoteServer.open(AbstractRemoteServer.java:113)com.inductiveautomation.xopc.client.sropc.ConnectionManager.connect(ConnectionManager.java:99)com.inductiveautomation.xopc.client.sropc.UAServer.setUp(UAServer.java:117)com.inductiveautomation.xopc.client.sropc.UAServer.access$200(UAServer.java:49)com.inductiveautomation.xopc.client.sropc.UAServer$3.run(UAServer.java:205)com.inductiveautomation.ignition.common.execution.impl.BasicExecutionEngine$ThrowableCatchingRunnable.run(BasicExecutionEngine.java:520)java.util.concurrent.Executors$RunnableAdapter.call(Unknown Source)java.util.concurrent.FutureTask$Sync.innerRun(Unknown Source)java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(Unknown Source)java.util.concurrent.ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor$ScheduledFutureTask.access$301(Unknown Source)java.util.concurrent.ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor$ScheduledFutureTask.run(Unknown Source)java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.runTask(Unknown Source)java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(Unknown Source)java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
java.lang.Exception: java.net.SocketException: Network is unreachable: no further information
com.inductiveautomation.ignition.common.nio.NioClientImpl.finishConnect(NioClientImpl.java:101)com.inductiveautomation.ignition.common.nio.AbstractNioManager.run(AbstractNioManager.java:208)java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
java.net.SocketException: Network is unreachable: no further information
sun.nio.ch.SocketChannelImpl.checkConnect(Native Method)sun.nio.ch.SocketChannelImpl.finishConnect(Unknown Source)com.inductiveautomation.ignition.common.nio.NioClientImpl.finishConnect(NioClientImpl.java:81)com.inductiveautomation.ignition.common.nio.AbstractNioManager.run(AbstractNioManager.java:208)java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)