OPC UA Server Connection faulted

I am getting following error.

Returning ServiceFault for request: com.inductiveautomation.opcua.types.messages.ActivateSessionRequest@5c3d1b49. StatusCode=StatusCode[Severity=Bad, Subcode=Bad_UserAccessDenied]

Welcome to the forum…

please supply more detail such as Ignition version, new install or existing install has suddenly stopped…

It is existing install. Ignition version 7.9.8 . It suddenly stopped working today. I restarted the OPC UA module. But no success in it.

Thanks and looking forward to your help

This error suggests your connection is configured with the wrong username and password for the server it’s connecting to.

If it’s the local Ignition server then make sure it’s either the default of opcuauser/password or check to see if someone has changed the authentication profile used by the server.

May I know what type of OS you are running Ignition on it?
If you installed your Ignition inside your window 10, probably will encounter this issue. Months ago I have the same issue for Window 10. My solution is I migrate my Ignition into window server 2012 R2 and everything is fine now.

It’s on windows server 2016.

Possible that the OS went through some update and change its network security setting?

Having this same issue on a 7.9.14 gateway, which I updated to 7.9.16. I have tried to remapping the Endpoint to the ones that are discovered on localhost as well as setting the default password again.

UaServiceFaultException: status=Bad_UserAccessDenied, message=User does not have permission to perform the requested operation. at org.eclipse.milo.opcua.stack.client.UaStackClient.lambda$deliverResponse$5(UaStackClient.java:273) at org.eclipse.milo.opcua.stack.core.util.ExecutionQueue$Task.run(ExecutionQueue.java:119) at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(Unknown Source) at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(Unknown Source) at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

1 Like

Hello - I just encountered the same issue on an existing install. Wondering if you ever found a solution?