OPC-UA Server Connections and Tag Issues

As a work-around you could create a special scan class for all the tags from this server and set the scan class up in “OPC Read Mode”, which will cause all those tags to be read periodically at the scan class rate instead of added to a subscription.

1 Like

Yep, that did the trick.

Thanks again for your help Kevin!

We just upgraded to 7.9.13 from 7.9.9 and are seeing this warning as well… Our OPC is Kepserver though… Do you have any more information on this?

What version of KEPServerEx is it? I’ve never seen this with KSE. There must be something goofy going on.

edit: and to clarify, what warnings are you seeing?

KEPServerEx 6.4

Oh, that’s not the same as this topic was about, and it’s nothing to worry about. Kinda. It’s not great, but there’s nothing that can be done on the Ignition side.

Ah, I’m sorry, I had several tabs open and posted on the wrong topic. Can’t seem to find the right one now…

Is it just an unexpected response from Kepserver? I’m guessing thats why its a warning and not an error.

Well, here’s why it’s not great: what it means is that the PublishResponses from Kepware arrived either out of order or one was lost, because the Ignition OPC UA client detected a jump in the sequence numbers. Then the client tried to call the Republish service and ask for the response for that missed sequence number and Kepware presumably responded that it no longer has it. As a last resort the client calls the ResendData method on the server, which is suppose to “refresh” all the values for a subscription, and Kepware is reporting that they don’t implement that method.

How often do you see this happen?

1 Like

Thanks for the detailed response.

A lot unfortunately…

A lot is actually good news, because if you can switch this connection over to using SecurityPolicy None and run a Wireshark capture while this is happening I can verify the sequence of events and see if there’s a bug in either Ignition or KSE.

Ok, I will try to do that in a few minutes. Trying to prioritize some other issues we’ve had since the upgrade. IE Can't acknowledge some alarms in the Alarm Status table

Hey, so we ended up failing to backup and restarting matster and restarting kepserver and haven’t seen any warnings for about 30 mins. :man_shrugging:

I believe it solved our other issue I linked as well.

If it happens again in the future grab a Wireshark capture if possible and let me know.

Thanks, will do. Really appreciate the response.