OPC-UA server only finds some folders on ControlLogix

I’m trying to configure some ControlLogix PLCs in the OPC-UA server. Each time I try to browse, only about 1/3 or less of the program folders appear. For example, if the PLC has program folders named ‘Station 1’ through ‘Station 10’ I’ll see stations 2, 5, 9, and global tags show up in the quick client. When I try to subscribe to a tag in one of these folders I get good values. I just can’t see all the program folders. I see an entry in the console saying ‘[PLCX] Browse request failed due to TIMEOUT’.

So far I’ve tried 6 different PLCs. There is some fancy networking going on between here and there, but there are other computers talking to each of the PLCs via KepServer. I also tried adjusting the browse timeout setting up to 120,000msec, but I still see it waiting about . RSLinx or KepServer OPC servers see all the program folders. A typical PLC may have 15 program folders and about 10,000 to 15,000 tags across the whole project. Any ideas?

This is true with build 4446.

There will be a update released late today or tomorrow morning that solve the problem.

Great, I’ll keep an eye out. Is there a list of current issues/fixes planned anywhere? Obviously you guys already knew about this before I asked, so I could have checked myself instead of bothering you guys.

Downloaded and installed the new version, build 4482, but I’m having another issue now. The device is permanently stuck in the ‘connecting’ state. The console shows a TIMEOUT event, but again Linx and KepServer can see it.

@porksmash I had the same problem. After speaking with Mike & Tom, I was provided with an updated module ( that seems to have resolved the issue, (at least in my test environment). I’m sure it will be posted on the web site or provided to you shortly. If your in a pinch, let me know and I’ll shoot it on over …

Ah, good to know it wasn’t me forgetting some obvious setting. I’m just evaluating at this point so I’m not in much of a hurry. Thanks, though.

I’m now using b4519. I can connect to the PLCs but I still have the original issue where it only finds a few of the program folders in the quick client. I’m also getting a new message in the console: “Not including tag named XXXXXXX in browse results because tag offset is invalid.” It shows up 8 times, but there are thousands of tags that are not showing up in the quick client. The logger source for those messages is both ‘com.inductiveautomation.xopc.drivers.allenbradley.requests.ABControlLogixBrowseRequest’ and ‘com.inductiveautomation.xopc.drivers.allenbradley.ControlLogixDriver’. There are 4 messages from each logger source and the messages seem to be paired up complaining about the same tag.

We’re releasing 7.0.4 which should fix any of these outstanding issues with the ControlLogix driver.

It should be available by end of today. The Ignition Releases thread will be updated accordingly and the links in the downloads section on the website will point to the new version.

Just got the new version - works great! Only little bother now is that the quick client doesn’t sort alphabetically, but I can deal with that.