OPC UA Server Timeouts/Disconnects

Hey guys,

I’ve been having a problem with the Ignition gateway dropping connection from my primary OPC server and connecting to my backup OPC server. I’ve been trying to figure out what’s going on here and I finally set up and alarm to catch when this happens. I cut out the excerpt from the logs and I’ll attach it to this post. Can someone take a look and see if they find anything weird with it?

Both of my servers are in a cloud data center, so I find it hard to believe that there is a connection issue between the two servers. I’ve been running a continuous ping from one server to another and everything looks ok. There are 7 dropped packets in a 24 hour period:

The OPC server retries setting was at 5 (default) and this would happen once or twice a week. I upped it to 15 and it stopped for about 2 weeks but last night it just happened again. If I stop the Kepware service on the backup OPC server, Ignition fails over to the primary server no problem so I don’t think it’s a Kepware software issue.

I can’t remember completely, but I think this started happening after the update to 7.7.2. I’m running 7.7.3 right now and it still is happening. Any help or advice on what to check next would be appreciated. Thank you!

OPCDisconnect1.txt (23.9 KB)