OPC UA showing 'connecting' forever

I was previously able to connect to ignition but no longer. I am able to connect to the OPC server using UaExpert. I do get this warning
however I can click ignore and connect.

The settings are the same in UaExpert and Ignition, however ingition shows “connecting” forever and never actually connects. What can I do?

Turn some loggers on to DEBUG and see if we get more information:

• com.inductiveautomation.ignition.gateway.opcua.client.ClientManager
  • org.eclipse.milo.opcua.sdk.client.SessionFsm

https://docs.inductiveautomation.com/display/DOC81/Diagnostics+-+Logs#DiagnosticsLogs-ChangingLoggingLevels

After you’ve set the levels do an edit/save on the OPC UA connection to force a reconnect.

Also - what version of Ignition are you using?

I am currently usingn 8.1.7. Should I go to an earlier version?
As for those log files:

No, 8.1.7 should work just fine.

Can you upload the wrapper logs or logs.idb downloaded from that page?

Ignition-G1J1PEDERCP3530_Ignition_logs_20210730-1029.idb (960 KB)

Looks like it’s failing because the server you’re connecting to stops responding or doesn’t respond quickly enough while we’re browsing DataType information. UaExpert isn’t doing this when it connects.

2021/07/30 08:23:02:269 | WARN  | [DataTypeTree                  ] Browsing failed: BrowseDescription(nodeId=NodeId{ns=0, id=21}, browseDirection=Forward, referenceTypeId=NodeId{ns=0, id=38}, includeSubtypes=false, nodeClassMask=1, resultMask=63)
org.eclipse.milo.opcua.stack.core.UaException: requestId=173 timed out after 60000ms
	at org.eclipse.milo.opcua.stack.client.transport.AbstractTransport.lambda$scheduleRequestTimeout$7(AbstractTransport.java:137)
	at io.netty.util.HashedWheelTimer$HashedWheelTimeout.expire(HashedWheelTimer.java:672)
	at io.netty.util.HashedWheelTimer$HashedWheelBucket.expireTimeouts(HashedWheelTimer.java:747)
	at io.netty.util.HashedWheelTimer$Worker.run(HashedWheelTimer.java:472)
	at java.base/java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

If this stopped working recently after upgrading Ignition then it would be worth trying the OPC UA module from the nightly build section, which has some changes that reduce the amount of browsing done on connect. We’ve seen that some servers are simply unable to handle it…

I had an older version installed and for some reason had to remove ignition a while back. I installed whatever the latest version was yesterday, so that could be it

I reverted back to version 8.4 and that resolved the issue.