OPCQuickClient doesn't show entire NodeMap

Hi there!

I am working on a module where users will configure points very much like the ModBus driver. Because there are some differences in my implementation, I don’t need the IODelegate, etc. so I have been trying to use the NodeMapDriver as my base class.

When I look at the node map, I don’t have any trouble finding all my points and updating them, but the OPCQuickClient doesn’t show some of my folders/points and neither does the designer (although I’m sure that’s the same code).

So, I’m assuming I’m coding this wrong. Any help you can provide would be much appreciated.

I already have a folder structure
[device]
RTU
|
± Lights
|
+ Light1
+ Light2
+ Light3
+ Light4

And I wanted to add a second folder under device to capture some status points regarding the RTU status. I’m declaring those specifically using the following code:

[code]//Add in device status points
		FolderNode statusFolder = new FolderNode("DeviceStatus");
		DataNode state1Node = new DataNode ("DeviceStatus/State1",  "State1",  DataType.String);
		statusFolder.addChild(state1Node);
		getNodeMap().put("DeviceStatus/State1", state1Node );

DataNode state2Node = new DataNode ("DeviceStatus/State2","State2",DataType.String);
		statusFolder.addChild(state2Node );
		getNodeMap().put("DeviceStatus/State2", state2Node );

getRootNode().addChild(statusFolder);[/code]

I just don’t see the DeviceStatus folder underneath my device at all. However, the node is definitely in the node map and it correctly updates. Any ideas? (This is also happening at other levels of the hierarchy (Like if I tried to add a folder “Bells” that is a peer to the “Lights” folder.) I know I’m missing something silly here.

Thanks,
Jennifer

I think you still need to add your status folder to the node map, in addition to adding it as a child to the root node.

That being said… AbstractTagDriver is the successor to NodeMapDriver for simple driver implementations… I’d recommend using that instead if you’re not too far along.

Thanks! You hit the nail on the head. I was just coming back to post that I had figured it out when I saw your response.