Open window on startup

Hi,

I am have trouble with opening windows at start up of a client. I have a client start up script to open windows based on the log in user name. No windows is checked “Open on Startup”.

The trouble is that a window named “Overview” is always opened when the client is started. But the Start up script is not opening it.

There is a Window “Overview” in my project, and if i change the name of this window it does not opened at start up, and I got no error message.

The only error I can find is in the client(appears on every startup) Help - Diagnostic - Console:
02:29:55.356 [AWT-EventQueue-0] INFO vision.App - Starting Up…
Exception in thread “AWT-EventQueue-0” java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Resource specified is not a window (fpmi/Navigation).

• at com.inductiveautomation.factorypmi.application.model.WindowCache.getWindowInfo(WindowCache.java:169)*
  • at com.inductiveautomation.factorypmi.application.model.WindowCache.getWindowInfo(WindowCache.java:151)*
  • at com.inductiveautomation.factorypmi.application.model.WindowCache.openWindow(WindowCache.java:397)*
  • at com.inductiveautomation.factorypmi.application.VisionDesktop$RuntimeWindowOpener.openWindow(VisionDesktop.java:479)*
  • at com.inductiveautomation.factorypmi.application.VisionDesktop.openWindow(VisionDesktop.java:195)*
  • at com.inductiveautomation.factorypmi.application.VisionDesktop.openWindow(VisionDesktop.java:187)*
  • at com.inductiveautomation.factorypmi.application.FPMIApp.startup(FPMIApp.java:515)*
  • at com.inductiveautomation.factorypmi.application.runtime.ClientPanel$13$1.run(ClientPanel.java:751)*
  • at java.awt.event.InvocationEvent.dispatch(Unknown Source)*
  • at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source)*
  • at java.awt.EventQueue.access$500(Unknown Source)*
  • at java.awt.EventQueue$3.run(Unknown Source)*
  • at java.awt.EventQueue$3.run(Unknown Source)*
  • at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)*
  • at java.security.ProtectionDomain$JavaSecurityAccessImpl.doIntersectionPrivilege(Unknown Source)*
  • at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source)*
  • at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpOneEventForFilters(Unknown Source)*
  • at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForFilter(Unknown Source)*
  • at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForHierarchy(Unknown Source)*
  • at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(Unknown Source)*
  • at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(Unknown Source)*
  • at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.run(Unknown Source)*

I am on v. 7.9.10.
Does anyone have some hints on what I am missing?

Regards Stian Larsen

I take it the Overview window does not have the little open on startup symbol next to it in the project browser tree:
If it doesn’t and you don’t have something elsewhere trying to open that window, it would seem an old configuration is still in effect. Are your changes saved? And–if you’re in a version prior to version 8–are they published? In the latter case, consider saving and publishing again. I have run into situations in 7.9 where it said there was nothing to publish, but it hadn’t published the latest saved changes. Making a small change and saving and publishing again resolved the issue.

Hi,
I did remove the open on start up for dis window, and also saved and published the changes.

You are right about that this is an old configuration that is not published.

But I am not aibel to resolve it. It is working ok in staging mode.

If it’s working as expected in the staging client, perhaps the publish system isn’t recognizing that setting as a change to the window. I’d try making a minor change to the Overview window, and then save and publish again to see if that resolves this.