Oracle connection issues

Hi,
I am trying to make a connection to an oracle database. I created a ODBC connection I can test it fine but when I create a stored procedure group I get an error “Object reference not set to an instance of an object”. I am converting a RSSQL configuration to FSQL. When I try to make a native connection the test failed with the following error “ORA-12154 TNS could not resolve the connect indentifer specified” I know I can make a connection using sqlplus with no problem. Can anyone help me on making a connection to using the native settings. With the ODBC connection I can used the SQL Browser with no problems.

Thanks.

Julio

The Oracle translator file uses the following connection string by default:

user id={username};password={password};data source=//{server}:{port}/{database};

That syntax corresponds to the “EZConnect” method. In this case, you’re using TNS, so you’ll need to change it.

To do that, find Oracle.xml in “Program Files\Inductive Automation\FactorySQL\database” and open it with notepad.

Change the “ConnectionString” value to:

user id={username};password={password};data source={server};

After saving, restart the FactorySQL service (not always necessary, but recommended).

Now you can edit the connection in FactorySQL and use the TNS name under the “host” field, which gets mapped to the “{server}” param in that string. The Database & Port fields won’t be used, as they’re no longer represented in the connection string.

Regards,

Thanks again Colby for the great support.