Orekit Ignition Module

Background

OREKIT (ORbits Extrapolation KIT) is a free low-level space dynamics library written in Java.

Orekit aims at providing accurate and efficient low level components for the development of flight dynamics applications. It is designed to be easily used in very different contexts, from quick studies up to critical operations.

As a library, Orekit provides basic elements (orbits, dates, attitude, frames, …) and various algorithms to handle them (conversions, propagations, pointing, …).

Module

This module includes all Orekit and Hipparchus .jars for use in all Ignition scripting contexts. Classes are mounted under system.orekit and system.hipparchus respectively.

The Orekit library relies on external data for physical models; this module allows an Ignition gateway to provide this data to connected clients on an as-needed basis.

Local caching is provided in order to reduce network load.

Download

Github v1.0.0 Release - Orekit.modl

Source

Full documentation and source are available on GitHub.

Licensing

Free use of this software is granted under the terms of the MIT License.

4 Likes

Are you going to release signed .modl files for users?

…And welcome to the public module developer club. (:

Neat script loader. Will have to look closer when I have a chance.

I'd like to, but proper code signing certs seem expensive for personal use (I've just been signing with an old SSL certificate lol). What's the cheapest way to get into providing proper signed modules?

EDIT: I think I found my answer, self-signed code signing certificates. Download link now available Github v1.0.0 Release - Orekit.modl

Thanks, the gateway scope's classloaders bit me in the butt. There's a couple other libraries I'd like to turn into modules so I figured it'd be worth automating things.

:partying_face:

5 Likes