Outputting pdf to the user from an embedded web page

We have perhaps an odd use case, and I am wondering if anyone has had any success doing anything similar.
There are a number of software applications running on the same machine we are running Ignition Perspective on. Most importantly we have an instance of Grafana, which is a dashboard we are using for trending and monitoring data, and an API that has a number of helpful web endpoints. Our API has an endpoint that when hit, generates and returns a pdf. There is a button on our Grafana dashboard that hits that endpoint and returns the pdf. This is all hunky-dory, and when I am running the Grafana dashboard I can click the button and a pdf is downloaded without me needing to leave the page.

In the interest of a more seamless user experience, I have embedded the Grafana dashboard in an iframe in perspective, so that everything the user does is inside of perspective. However, now hitting the button on the embedded webpage (Grafana) does not output the pdf to the end-user. I am wondering if there is a way to set up a script in perspective that will listen to outputs from the iframe and output them to the end user, or something similar. All ideas are welcome, thanks!

TLDR; In perspective I have a webpage embedded in an iframe and that webpage outputs a pdf that I want to be outputted to the user without leaving the page

Never mind! I was blaming my problem on the Ignition embed when in reality the way I had deployed the project for Ignition had led to new CORS errors on my api. Perspective has the functionality I was looking for by default