Paid Tech Support lacks knowledge

Ignition forum and tech support are brilliant, also @pturmel who is extremely helpful and knowledgeable. ps. sometimes things take time to understand and solve - i advise bit more stoic approach to your professional struggles :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Sounds like the whining one hears when a job is lost to the competition for "incomprehensible" reasons, and cannot accept that the limited comprehension is one's own.

8 Likes

I'm sorry that's been your experience... as other people here are mentioning, we've had great experiences with IA, including support. This forum is a testament to that - people aren't fanboys of something for no reason, usually. There is also a growing user base and user-generated content online around Ignition because a lot of people use and love the software.

It sounds a little bit like there are some basic things you can review that'll make using Ignition a lot more fun and productive - I felt the same way coming to Perspective from Vision, but I can tell you its a technology worth learning (integrators and manufacturing facilities have entire Ignition-only teams, such as where I work - it's a skill that more and more people are wanting to see from automation or controls engineers).

Did the issues you list in your OP get resolved? Anything we can try to help with?

6 Likes

Ah yes, how silly of me to forget that if you wish to make a SCADA software platform from scratch, you must first invent the universe. :slightly_smiling_face:

4 Likes

Step 1: Gather some Hydrogen.

5 Likes

Are you not intelligent enough to create the hydrogen yourself??? pfft, I will not use your SCADA platform!

6 Likes

Alright, I think this thread has about run its course. Donald, you can certainly feel free to make additional topics to seek help with any specific issues you have.

11 Likes