Partial Selection from a Dataset (Not SQL Table)

I was wondering if there is a way to select an entire column from a dataset. From what I saw it seems like:

1. You can select a single value from a dataset (row,column)
  2. You can use a column selector and hide it to select a particular & entire column from a dataset

However, is there something like item 1 but includes only {dataset}(column)? or is it possible to query a dataset?

Thanks

There currently isn’t an expression to select a subset of the columns in a dataset, but this would certainly be useful.

In the meantime, it can be done with scripting fairly easily. Suppose you put the following script in an “app.dataset” global module:

def selectColumns(dataset, columns): import fpmi pds = fpmi.dataset.toPyDataSet(dataset) newRows = [] for row in pds: newRow = [] for c in columns: newRow.append(row[c]) newRows.append(newRow) return fpmi.dataset.toDataSet(columns, newRows)

Then the following code would take a dataset from table T1 and apply only some if its columns to table T2:

table1 = event.source.parent.getComponent("T1") table2 = event.source.parent.getComponent("T2") table2.data = app.dataset.selectColumns(table1.data, ['Some Col','Another Col'])

Hope this helps,

Thanks for your response. I think that should work for now.