Passing Parameters in Report (7.9.10)

For the life on me I can’t figure out how to pass parameters to my report.

I have a simple report with 2 parameter Start and End they are both formatted like this.
dateFormat({Start}, ‘yyyy-MM-dd HH:mm:ss’)
dateFormate({End}, ‘yyyy-MM-dd HH:mm:ss’)

Here is my Query:
Select Indiana_Daily, Helm_Daily from DailyProd where t_stamp BETWEEN ‘{Start}’ AND ‘{End}’

Now this query give an error as is but if I manually plug in the date as ‘2019-09-13 00:00:00’ it will run
in the report preview (so i’am assuming this error is caused by no actual date YET!)

Now on my report window I have 2 popup calendars and I have the “Format String” property set to format
like yyyy-MM-dd HH:mm:ss and I have this bound to the Start property of my report.

But it does not work.

Please can someone point me in the right direction, I have watched all of the videos. I don’t know if it’s a data format problem or I’m not binding to the right property.

Thanks

You want that "E" in there after format? Or typo?

also, you can use 3 backticks ``` to encase code like this...

var = "Hello World"
print var

Besides the spelling issue wking pointed out, this seems like a circular reference – your Start parameter refers to itself, as does your End parameter. If you look at the docs for Basic SQL Query, you’ll see that the example is not referring to itself, but instead refers to one of the previously defined parameters.

Yes, I finally figure out what I was doing. I needed to refer back to StartDate and EndDate once I did that and went back to the report viewer to bind my properties everything worked.

Thanks

1 Like