Pdf orientation

Is your path to the file bound to anything, or is it statically defined on the component?

bound.
file is located on the server, where 64bit Ignition is installed, which is not my client.

Is this intermittent? After the initial open-close-open of the window will it work every time?

I was curious if the dwg trueview might work for you. I downloaded it a while back and never even tried it. I think it
was up to 2013. I was thinking there is a cad active x for ignition… Is that still available?

I have had several bad encounters with that pdf viewer behaving exactly as you described. I finally gave up and made it
launch externally. If you build a module I hope u share! While im wishing maybe we could get the browser component
too lol.
sorry its been a long day. I shouldnt be on the forum while having cocktails…

There are two ActiveX components that will view DWG files created in autoCAD. The Autodesk Design Review and the Autodesk DWG TrueReview.

[quote=“tailfire”]I have had several bad encounters with that pdf viewer behaving exactly as you
sorry its been a long day. I shouldnt be on the forum while having cocktails…[/quote]
LOL

Trying these DWG components, I get an ERROR essage that says Unable to initialize component, because the necessary ActiveX control is missing.
My filepath seems OK, its located locally.

Thats the same message that you should be receiving even with any of the ActiveX components. If you acknowledge it and keep going you should be fine.

The activeX adobe viewer will work fine for me…Now I just need to have it load my file on the first time the window opens…
I navigate the the window with a tab strip…
Should I just throw a script somewhere that will close and reopen the window WHEN the window is opened by the tab strip?
Where would I put this handler?
Also, the DWG viewer doesn’t work for me. Keeps telling me that I don’t have the correct activeX components installed even in the Client View.

Ok, some clarification on one of my earlier posts.

The reason your getting error

You are actually getting this error because you do not have AutoCAD installed on the computer that the file is stored on.

A quick thing to try with the file path. In designer, remove the file path and save the project, re enter the file path and try again.

Lastly, I have found a way to do what you were talking about with opening and closing the window. I do not think its a preferred method, but I will post it up anyways. You will need to go into the tab strip customizer and change navigation mode to disabled. After that you can add a mouseClicked event handler to take care of the navigation. This is what I came up with as an example

[code]if event.source.selectedTab == 'Tab 1':
system.nav.swapTo('Window 1')

if event.source.selectedTab == 'Tab 2':
system.nav.swapTo('Window 2')
system.nav.closeWindow('Window 2')
system.nav.openWindow('Window 2')

if event.source.selectedTab == 'Tab 3':
system.nav.swapTo('Window 3')
[/code]

I tried to use the script to navigate and I get the same results as if I only open the window with one call

system.nav.swapTo('tab') system.nav.swapTo('tab')

doesn’t load the pdf.
It still comes up on the second time…
I think the problem is probably in the PATH recognition.
I think I had seen the same issues for driving template paths on window open events.

Ok, did you try the script that I posted? The code you posted doesn’t look like anything I posted.

I would definitely recheck your path.