Pdf viewer

As you can see, the image from the pdf is not completely shown in the pdf viewer in ignition.

I have been tryiing to recreate this without success. Can you email your pdf to support@inductiveautomation.com so I can try it out. I have tried pdf’s that have a landscape layout and they import correctly.

Ok, I received your email. I tried to import the pdf into the pdf viewer and I did have the same result. After looking at your pdf and a few google searches later I came up with this.
What is being imported looks to be just a layer of your pdf, not the whole thing. I dont know why its just importing a layer. I am assuming this was made using an AutoCAD type program.
I would start by trying to merge the different layers in the CAD program your using, then export to pdf.

EDIT: You may also want to look at this link as well, there is a part that regards importing pdf’s that were created in AutoCAD.

inductiveautomation.com/support/ … viewer.htm

I tried another pdf filename.
The designer is immediately closed when I enter the path.
I’m going to try a few more and see if this persists but has anyone experienced this and knows why?

So you changed the name of your pdf and it caused the designer to close? I will try it out here.

I just tried to duplicate this problem. How exactly are you getting the designer to crash? Are you just changing the filename from C:\location_of_file\layout1.pdf to C:\location_of_file\some_other_name.pdf?

i used a couple different pdf files and they closed the designer on me

I edited my last post while you were posting, please refer to that.