Perspective: 2-tiered menu with Horizontal Menu component?

Not sure if i’m missing something obvious, but how would I create a 2-tiered navigation using the Horizontal Menu component?
I.e. the 1st tier shouldn’t navigate, it will just set a custom property value to say which tab was clicked. The 2nd tier will be made up of multiple horz menus for each tab in the 1st tier and will navigate to the tab clicked.
I’m not seeing a way to get the selected item :thinking:

Nevermind… it’s one of those days apparently.
Under event scripts Component Events onItemClicked does all I need.

Maybe one of those days for me too, but do you mind sharing how you did this @nminchin ?

I.e. the 1st tier shouldn’t navigate, it will just set a custom property value to say which tab was clicked

The only way I've found to be able to set a custom prop rather than navigating is to disable the item, and then use the onItemClicked method to use the event.target to set the custom prop. It works but the disabled icon over the menu component is confusing for the user.

Also interested in this if either of you managed to get it working without disabling the button.
I’d love to use this component for setting custom session properties, and navigate to a view instead of a page, but i’m struggling a bit with it.

Sorry it’s been… A while…
You just don’t set the target of the 1st tier tabs and use the onItemClicked event to write to a custom prop to store the selected tab. Then you use that prop to display the right 2nd tier menu which has all of your tabs with targets