Perspective Alarm Journal table freezes in 8.1.0-rc1

I am using Ignition 8.1.0-rc1 and the Perspective Alarm Journal table is not able to pull more than 2,700 records from alarm_events table in the DB. If I choose a large enough date range (in both realtime and history mode) then 0 results are returned and the table hangs up, Designer become unresponsive, and Perspective session in a browser freezes as well. The OS is Server 2016 Datacenter and has SQLExpress as the DB in the same VM (Intel Xenon, 2.2 GHz (2 processors) with 12GB RAM).
Alarm Journal table in Vision and regular table in Perspective (fed by a Named Query with a simple SELECT statement from alarm_events table) also has this seemingly arbitrary limit of 2,700 returned records.

However if I install Ignition 8.1.0-rc1 on a VM (Intel Xenon, 2.4 GHz (4 processors) with 16GB RAM) with Server 2019 Std as the OS then the Perspective Journal table functions normally, i.e. it is able to pull as much as 18k rows in an instant!

Check the alarm journal table(s) for index fragmentation.

Is that a configuration or check box in the Perspective Alarm Journal? or something to check in the SQL table like the ‘id’ column having unique values etc?

Something to check in MSSQL for the alarm_events and alarm_events_data tables.