Perspective Alarm Status Table Source configuration

Hi,
I created a new project and set the tag provider to “default.” I created some test tags in the default tag provider.

When I place an Alarm Status Table on a container, it gets populated by tags from another tag provider. I have looked at the properties and don’t see an obvious place to change the source.

If the tag provider in a new project is set to “default,” why is the table pulling tags from another provider? What do I need to change so the alarm table only shows alarms in the default tag provider?

Thanks,
Ali

“default” is just the Default Provider setting.
Screen Shot 2021-01-28 at 6.08.36PM
Projects have access to any provider configured on the Gateway, unless a provider is disabled. The Alarm Status Table displays the status of all alarms across all providers. If you want to limit the displayed alarms to a specific provider, there are two ways to do this:

1. In the Designer, you can supply a script as part of the filterAlarm custom function. To do this, right-click the Alarm Status Table and select “Configure Scripts”. Locate the filterAlarm extension function. Enable this script. supply a script of return "MyTagProvider" == str(alarmEvent.get('source')). This will force the Alarm Status Table to only ever display Alarms from “MyTagProvider”.
  2. The AlarmStatusTable.props.filters.active.conditions.source property can be used to restrict the displayed alarms at runtime, but in keeping with the Vision usage you’ll need to wrap the supplied source in asterisks. Supplying a value fo *MyTagProvider* should restrict the displayed alarms (in the Active tab - not the Shelved tab) to alarms from the “MyTagProvider” provider. This setting is better to use when a project needs to have access to multiple providers, and wants to allow for switching between alarms in one provider or another at runtime.

So really it depends on if you only ever want to display one provider, or if you want to be able to switch between providers at runtime.

1 Like

Thank you very much. I was planning to group my tags in various tag providers based on location and only show alarms for a particular location based on the page. Sounds like it’s possible, but I would need to use a script to filter for a particular tag provider.