Perspective "broken" view

Hi to All!

I need help. I wrote some nice scripts which crashed my view and also a gateway. After saving the project I became aware of my mistake but I couldn’t do anything to correct it. I can’t open view more at all. When I try it it’s just changing initializing, loading, opening messages…
Is it a way to access scripts under that broken view otherwise than by a designer? Or somebody knows some magic for a restoring view?

Thanks a lot!

If you look in the installation directory for ignition, you can find the view there and remove it, or manipulate the view.json file and maybe remove the problematic scripts.

Here is an example for a view at the main level named “TestView”
C:\Program Files\Inductive Automation\Ignition\data\projects\YourProjectName\com.inductiveautomation.perspective\views\TestView

Inside it I find these three objects

And if I open the view.json file,
I will see all of the properties, and in this case an example of a transform script, that I could just remove.

After removing it (It would just be easier to remove the whole view folder as well if there is nothing special)

You may need to pull any updates in the designer, sometimes it doesnt take a change like that immediately, even when you freshly open it i’ve noticed.

Thank you very much for your answer.
I just found out that the view file contains scripts also. I am digging through the file with the hope I will do something

Thanks!!

1 Like