Perspective Component Property Errors

I’m not sure if I’m missing something or if this is a bug (or a requested feature), but I have a component that is missing some properties, but the warning doesn’t help to locate where the errors are coming from. From the image below, I don’t know where I’m supposed to put height, width, or fill properties.

java_U0IZ6qqOce

This specific example is from the XY Chart, but I don’t think other components are any better.

Thanks!

I’d say you’ve managed to delete something in the default XY Chart properties. I haven’t seen this problem.

If you expand all the links in the manual page Perspective - XY Chart - Ignition User Manual 8.1 - Ignition Documentation and do a Ctrl-F search you’ll find ten references for height. You could try those.

The simplest test would be to drop a new XY Chart component onto a view and start customising until you break something. Then stop and see what you’ve done. Don’t forget that you can right-click on a component, Copy Binding and then Paste Binding on another component - even one in another view.

Agreed, that’s exactly what happened. And I guess I’m trying to raise awareness to IA to see if this can be a more detailed error in future versions.

1 Like