Perspective Date Time Input

using v8.0.12
There seems to be a glitch with 31 day months. I have a datetimeinput. on a popup. If Jan 31st is chosen, it displays Jan 31, 2020 11:00 PM. (I really just want it to display a month and year but I can’t since this is on a popup and the whole date picker stuck behind the popup bug hasn’t been fixed. But I digress) I then have code to grab the date from the input but it is wrong.

date = self.getSibling("DateTimeInput").props.value
m = system.date.getMonth(date) + 1
y = system.date.getYear(date)
myds.Log(system.date.format(date, 'yyyy-MM-dd') + ' ' + str(m))
myds.Log(self.getSibling("DateTimeInput").props.formattedValues.datetime)

myds is just the name of the global script library where I take care of logging for debugging purposes

This logs:
2020-02-01 2
Jan 31, 2020 11:00 PM

How is the date derived from the value reading Feb but the formatted and display values reading January?

I have good news and I have better news:

Good news: It looks like this was fixed due to some recent changes we made to the DateTime Input. I’m using a nightly from 8.0.13 from about a week ago and using your script (modified to use my logging) I see this:

07:49:33.376 [Browser Events Thread] INFO Perspective.Designer.BrowserConsole - 2020-01-31 1
07:49:33.376 [Browser Events Thread] INFO Perspective.Designer.BrowserConsole - Jan 31, 2020

Better News:
The changes we made seem to also have fixed the Picker-Behind-the-Popup issue, even while using custom formats…
Screen Shot 2020-05-05 at 7.54.33 AM

You should probably note that we’ve deprecated the props.formattedValues.datetime property going forward. The recommended usage is to supply your format (probably “M/YYYY” for your use-case) and then use props.formattedValue.