Perspective doesn't appear in the designer

When I start the designer project does not appear the perspective function and in the gateway the module is running, I try to uninstall and install the module, reset the module, reset the designer, etc
Maybe is a java problem or something like that but I can’t open the perspective designer…

Check the logs in the designer after starting. You can go to Help - Diagnostics, or Tools → Output Console. At the very top there are likely one or more exceptions thrown while the designer attempts to start up Perspective (assuming the module is loaded).

Hello, first of all thanks for the response. This is the log:

It maybe will a java problem?

Thanks a lot!

Scrolling down may have slightly more information, but that screenshot contains the problem:

Do you have access to create new files/directories your local temp directory?

Hi. I am new with Ignition product and just started.
I had same issue. To fix you have to run Designer as Administrator.
I hope it will help you!

Thank you for guide lines!

Hello!
Yes it works! thanks a lot for your support!
Have a good day!

Hi all, just to continue an old thread: I have had a similar issue- Perspective component not visible in Designer project bowser- but different error. Please see the attached file.

Note I’m running a standalone (no internet access) Centos7 system with Ignition 8.1.10 on a intel (i5) laptop w/ 4Gb (3.4Gb avail) mem, if that’s any help. Nothing else (including chromium) is installed on this system. It’s a standalone test/sandbox for Ignition, I just transfer the gwbk file across, load and tinker. Oh, and it’s actually running off a USB HDD :slight_smile:

Ignition has been upgraded from 8.1.7 to 8.1.10 by running the install file , 8.1.10 being what is currently on our production system.

The project I load runs fine and Perspective component appears and works fine in our production system.

I’m not sure I’ve had this error all the time on this PC, I thought I remembered it may have run properly at some stage.

perspective runs fine in the gateway, i.e. the Perspective pages display with no problems.

Any ideas what may have gone wrong or what I can do to fix it?

Designer-perspective_error.txt (4.0 KB)

Could be something like this post: Perspective Workstation BrowserUtils Failed to start Browser Engine with options - #6 by Kevin.Herron

1 Like

Thanks Kevin, you were right on the money. ‘Only’ took 3 hours as I ended up in a s***fight with the computer (rpm/yum, network/proxy/Wifi woes that had to be worked through one by one, and then backtrack to fix the others :frowning: ) but finally done and works! Thanks!! :slight_smile:

Any chance you could include the aforementioned library with your install in future releases? Seems a pretty obscure ‘one-off’ thing to be missing…is this an O/S fault?

It’s only an issue an older(?) RHEL/CentOS distros, which tend to ship really old kernel/library versions if they include them at all, not a library we have any business including. It’s a Chromium dependency as I understand it.