Perspective - EmbeddedView output params not updating when changing the View

Hey all,

I’m trying to toggle between multiple views on an Embedded View component with a binding on path.

The params items aren’t updating when toggling between views. (all views I’m toggling between have the same output param named title).

Is this working as intended? I would expect changing the path property would update the params properties (assuming the properties are already listed under params and are set as outputs in each view)

But it seems like only new writes to the title property from within the views being embedded will update to the outside of the views.

Thank you,
Matthew

Hi Mathew,
Did you ever get this resolved? I'm experiencing something similar.

Is it not working in the designer or the session? The designer acts funny sometimes with output parameters...

I believe that's by design.

IA added the ability to Sync Params and Sync & Reset to the context menu if you right click on the params key

https://docs.inductiveautomation.com/display/DOC81/Embedded+Views

Hi @YF129701,
It was not updating during sessions. I then realized that I was passing a parameter from a view to a popup that had an embedded view - which was the one I was trying to pass the parameter to. After reconfiguring to pass the params Popup view events >> embedded views params >> final popup view ; I was successful.

@Matthew.gaitan,
Thank you for highlighting that, that gave me the idea to follow my new sequence.

1 Like