Perspective Flex Repeater using build in Components

Is it possible to use the built in components in the flex repeater? What I’ve been doing is building a view with just that one component in it, but that’s pretty annoying to have to keep doing if I could just point to the component it self.

• No, the flex repeater repeats views.
  • You only have to create the view once and you use parameters to pass in what is to be displayed.
  • On the flex repeater you create as many repeats as you require and set the input params on each instance to whatever is required.

It’s pretty straight forward. Explain more about what you’re trying to do if this doesn’t answer your question.

Technically you can make a view that just contains a single component, but you have to do it by manually changing the view JSON; the UI will only allow you to use a container as the root component in a view.

You can Shift + Right Click the view node in the project browser to copy or paste the JSON structure of a view.

1 Like

Right now, I’m trying to create a flex repeater that dynamically returns a list of check boxes. But in the past, I was trying to do the same thing with labels, buttons, icons, and barcodes.

Copy this content, hold Shift, then right-click a View node - then select “Paste JSON”.

{
  "custom": {},
  "params": {},
  "props": {},
  "root": {
    "meta": {
      "name": "root"
    },
    "type": "ia.input.checkbox"
  }
}

Voila, a View which is a checkbox.

But in the past, I was trying to do the same thing with labels, buttons, icons, and barcodes.

You are not being clear. Were these all individual views or were all the components in the one view. What was the problem? Show a screen grab or something. Write carefully and clearly.

I agree, and often wished the same. It feels like a redundant extra step to have to wrap the component in an extra view just to use it in a flex repeater.

Clever, and I guess it removes one layer, but it still feels like an “unnecessary” step. :slight_smile: