Perspective input component issues

Using 8.1.0 RC1, but had the same issues in 8.0.14, 15, 16

I have several users who are having issues using numeric inputs, text inputs, datetime, dropdown components. When clicking on the component, it gets focus and then immediately loses focus.
I think I have narrowed it down to devices that have a touchscreen, but still trying to confirm.

On my iPad, one of my popups works fine. But on another popup, clicking on the component does nothing. No popup keyboard opens up.

*EDIT
It looks like if any part of the popup is offscreen, then components stop working.

1 Like

We’ve come to that conclusion as well. It’s kind of annoying to deal with having to remember to force popups to auto resize in order to support smaller screen sizes.

I don’t want to admit how much time I spent trying to figure this out, before finding this post. Is this a bug? Tab still works when a portion of the popup is off screen, but clicking into input components does not, and focus is lost immediately, as previous posts indicate. It appears setting Viewport Bound to true negates the issue. I am on version 8.1.13.

Give 8.1.17 a shot. This sounds very much like a known bug that was addressed in our most recent release.

Perspective - Fixed issue with inputs losing focus when popup is rendered out of view bounds.

1 Like