Perspective - Language translation trouble - Language does not change when locale code is changed

Hey All,
I have a requirement to translate the HMI texts into Spanish/Portuguese/French and Italian. So after watching the videos,

1. I have translated the texts from one particular page and stored the translations in the translation manager.

2. I have then created a dropdown using which i tried to change the locale property to
    'es' for 'Spanish' and -'en-GB' for English.

3. I can see that the locale property changes when I select the Spanish option. But the language is not changing on the texts in the screen in designer or on runtime.

Can anyone tell me what is happening? Is there anything else I am missing?

Hi Anwesha,

It looks like you are using Perspective; are you changing the locale property of the Perspective session itself? I am Curious if 'es' is a recognized locale. You can read more on this user manual page to double check your configuration:
https://docs.inductiveautomation.com/display/DOC81/Localization+in+Perspective

1 Like

Here is a list of Spanish locale codes:

Hi Joe,

Yes I am changing the locale property of the perspective session itself. Still no changes. However as suggested 'es' may not be a correct locale code. I will try other as suggested below and get back.

I tried using/changing the locale codes as suggested above. Still no change. Not sure what is going wrong.

Even though it is changing the sessions property the translation is not taking place at all.

Hi,
Have you solve this issue please ?

Thx,

Martial

This appears to be a languishing thread. Instead of asking if the other user resolved their issue, could you please provide insight into your specific issue? What locale code are you supplying within a running session? Could you provide a screenshot of the Translation Manager entry for the text which is not being translated? Could you provide a screenshot of the running Session with a focus on where some text is not using the saved translation for the given locale?

Hi,
Yes. Installing Ignition Version 8.1.20 sorted it out. Also I have a separate ticket with Ignition open for some Translations for Powercharts.

1 Like

@justinedwards.jle Where Can we get these codes? need for Romania

ro

This was the top hit when I put it into my phone's browser:

1 Like

Actually, I suspect @Sayantan_Chatterjee would want to use ro-RO, ased on the locale codes provided here. The documentation has a helpful link pointing to supported locales.

2 Likes

Yeah. I got it. Thanks