Perspective map lags with large amount of features

Hi all,

I’m trying to build a project to monitor marine traffic so i tried using the free open-source marine traffic data from Marine traffic | Digitraffic - Fintraffic. I faced serious lag issue in the perspective map when using the browser and even in the designer mode. I believe it might be due to large number of features loaded in the perspective map.

I need help to optimise the Perspective map. Would there be a better way to load the marine traffic in the perspective map like what we can see in the marinetraffic.com?

Does anyone have any advise?

Are you trying to recreate the marinetraffic.com map? I think your assumption that it’s the features that are slowing the map down is correct - it looks like it loads all of them, regardless of where they are (whether they will even be displayed or not).

I would look into Marine Traffic’s API and see if there is a way to pass in bounds (the lat and lng of two opposite corners) - I think that would make the map a lot more responsive (here is a start). You can use the Perspective Map’s getBounds() method to retrieve the bounds a user is displaying at that moment and then query only the features that would immediately be displayed.

1 Like