Perspective mobile data entry issues

We’re developing a Perspective app to be used on mobile phones. When I add a numeric entry field or a text area and click it on the phone, a numeric or alphanumeric keyboard is displayed. The problem is that the keyboard don’t overlay the Perspective screen, rather the whole screen gets compressed into the area above the keyboard, which of course looks awful.

Is there any setting that forces the keyboard to overlay the screen? I’m using a Coordinate root container.

I’m just wondering, did you have to do anything (scripting?) to the entry fields to get a keyboard to pop up? I can’t get a keyboard to show up at all when using a text entry component on a phone.

No, this should be built-in functionality.

This is a problem I’m running into as well.

Good luck getting a response from IA on this. They ignored this post so I raised a ticket with them, jumped through hoops to prove the bug to them, then they just stopped answering.

Just another reason we don’t use Perspective.

Sorry about the miscommunication with support.

We’re tracking this as a bug that’s ready to work on but it hasn’t been picked up yet. We’re going to see if we can get it into the next sprint.

It’s not clear what the solution is because what you’re seeing is the native behavior of the Android WebView component and there is no configuration or setting to change it.

Has any progress been made on this?
We are trying to build a data entry view to be run on an Android tablet using the Perspective App.

1. The dropdowns don't work. When you click on them with your finger the dropdown goes down but you can't select anything (click on an option, nothing happens)
  2. When we click on a text field the keyboard does not appear to enter data.
  3. The datetime picker appears to work.

If these are known issues please let me know so we don't waste any more time.

Thanks!

I just tested this on 8.1.20 using a firetablet (android based) and it works. Drop down lets you select a value, I even added a label to show selected value just to prove to myself it was working. The keyboard pops up if you have it searchable and dosesnt if you dont.

For the text field the OSK pops up and I can enter data.

Is your perspective app up to date ?

As I have to sideload I got the APK here..

I believe the issue is the version on our gateway 8.0.6
I tested using a trial 8.1.1 on my laptop and it worked fine.

Given that Kevin Herron's update indicated this was being worked on after July 2021 is it safe to assume there is no 8.0.x version where this will work?

Thanks!

Yeah, based on the timeline, there's no 8.0.x version this would have landed in. The last 8.0.x release was 8.0.17 on Nov 12, 2020.