Perspective: old parameter values are used when missing from URL?

I’ve successfully implemented passing parameters to the main view by creating a new page with the parameters specified in the URL per here.

I have two parameters that I am passing.

• In a new tab, when the user only specifies one parameter, the page loads up with that parameter and the other as empty string (as expected).
  • Within the same tab, if the user tacks on the 2nd parameter, the page loads up with both parameters (expected)
  • In the same tab, if the user removes the 2nd parameter, the page loads up with both parameters (unexpected; I was expecting the 2nd parameter to be an empty string).

Every time the URL is modified and executed, I’m seeing the following splash screen, so I would have expected everything to be coming up clean without old data:

If it helps any, I have an Event Script bound to “onStartup” for the view that is configured as the main page. When there is old data, I’m finding that the script also is not called:

self.page.props.title = "My Test Page"

Given the release notes for version 8.1.7,

Corrected issue with URL parameters being passed to views that were already running

the behavior from the original post is still present. Could anyone clarify if the behavior is expected?

If so, parsing {page.props.path} seems to be looking more robust than relying on the url Parameters. For example, I’m also discovering that a docked view does not receive url parameters.

1 Like