If you have a View with Params (1) and you want to copy these into another View without Params (2) and you follow below, the params bind fine within the View itself to components, and changing the new param values updates the components, however if you embed the View onto another View and try to set the params from there, they’re not passed into the View, and the components use whatever the default Param values are.
- Create two Views, one with params defined (1), the other without (2). Put a component on both pages and bind them to the param value (the View without params will error for now).
- Shift+right click on each View → Copy JSON and paste both Views’ JSON code into separate notepad documents
- Copy the JSON contents of the Params section from (1) and paste them into (2).
e.g. copy this from (1):
and use to replace this in (2):
- Copy (2)'s updated JSON with new params and Shift+Right Click → Paste JSON back into (2) View. The component binding should now be OK.
- Embed both (1) and (2) onto another View and pass the param a value, different to the View’s default. (1) will work, while (2) will remain at its default value, despite having identical JSON code.
See attached Views.8.0.2 Template JSON Paste Error.zip (3.9 KB)