Perspective PowerChart doesn't show dots but line (display type scatter)

Hi,

In a Perspective PowerChart how can I show only points (dots) without interpolation between them? I tried all the settings in Pen-Display, but I couldn't find a way to achieve this.

The PowerChart component is a trend display. It doesn't do dots. I don't think dots make any sense for a trend so it's not an option.

I don't think dots make any sense for a trend so it's not an option.

And what would be the appropriate control to display curves and notable points (manual sampling data)?

It's only a demo:

The highlighted data comes from a client's database table, and they would like to see the manual sampling data overlaid on the curves.

I think I have figured out the problem, and probably some of you have already faced and solved it.

As shown in the IA DEMO, if you display a 'pen' connected to a Tag (Datasource History Provider) and set the 'display.type' to Scatter, I get the desired result. If the data to be displayed is taken from a 'DB Table Historian,' it likely requires more information about the 'data.source.' Currently, I have set it up as follows:

histprov:ITSIS1SQ003_SAL_DRYBIN_MOISTURE:/table
.tblMoistureSample:/column:fdSampleMoisture:/timestamp:fdSampleDateTime:/keycolumn:fdBinNumber:/keyvalue:106
1 Like

Hi,

Could you please report this anomalous behavior as a bug? Alternatively, how can I report it myself?

You report bugs via IA support. Easily found on the IA main site. This forum is not support.