Perspective Report Viewer Component Missing

Thank you, I appreciate it.

Hello there, any chance to release the stable version on this week?

8.0.15 was released yesterday.
https://inductiveautomation.com/downloads/

We are facing this issue. We are in 8.0.15. Are there anything that i can do quickly. because when we are developing we found it was working and now went into production and it got stopped. Early response would be appreciated.

That version definitely has the fix that this original post addressed. Just to rule out an issue with modules, can you verify that the Reporting module is installed in your production environment and in an actively running state? In addition, you’ll want to make sure that the version of the Reporting module is at least 5.0.15.

Hi,
Yes Reporting module is activated and it is in 5.0.15.

Sounds good for the Reporting module. Can you also verify your production version of the Perspective module? I was looking at the PR for the fix, and both modules were updated. You should have at least 1.0.15 for Perspective.

FYI… Cody ran a quick test with a full install of 8.0.15 and wasn’t able to replicate the issue. I’m pretty sure this will come down to an issue with your module versions.

I see we have Perspective 1.0.15. These screen shots are from production instance only and we maintain the same in development as well.

That looks correct. Very strange… This is the first report of this issue since the fix last summer. The root of this fix was to force the Perspective module to load before the Reporting module attempted to load because of a necessary dependency.

Can you verify one more thing? Go to the last page of your gateway logs and look at the entries from the ModuleManager that have logged: Starting up module 'com.inductiveautomation.MODULE_NAME'. Can you check that the Perspective module has started before the Reporting module based on position in the logs? The Perspective entry should occur slightly before Reporting for the module dependency to work properly. As of 8.0.15, that is a forced order. If you’re able to restart your production gateway, it would be worth verifying that you see those modules load in the correct order following the restart.

Since we are running 24/7. Restarting the service may not be easy. Sure will plan, execute and provide my feedbacks. But I hope restarting the Ignition service should fix this this issue.Anyway will confirm that.

Thank you Joshua for your spontaneous responses.

No prob; I figured it may be tricky bringing down the prod instance. Do let me know if you’re seeing that load out of order.

1 Like

Hi,
I’m facing the same issue,
Report Viewer component is not available in Prespective Component toolbar,
the second issue is, the available report viewer(get from other ignition/demo view), is not updating the value of reports when change the values of bind components.

Perspective Module - 1.0.12
Report Module - 5.0.12

Please suggest on this

Regards,
Bhavin

The fix described above was released in .15. So your version is just too old.