Perspective session custom properties disappear

For the good of the community, I experienced an issue regarding Perspective Custom properties for a project. This issue was experienced with Ignition version 8.1.26, but I can't say it would be isolated to just this version.

ISSUE:
I noticed a session of my Perspective project throwing errors on a View and noticed objects bound to session custom properties were not showing values.

After some digging, my custom properties were gone. I tried adding them back in, saving the project and closing and reopening the project again in a fresh Designer instance, but with no luck. The properties were gone again.

I noticed that other projects on the same gateway still had their custom properties when opening the projects in the Designer.

This led me to believe that there may have been some sort of corruption or 'disconnect' somewhere with just this one project. With this thinking in mind, the following remedy worked to resolve this.

REMEDY:

1. I had a fresh export of the project. I deleted the project from the gateway and did a fresh import.
  2. I added one custom property and saved it just to test. It worked.
  3. I added the rest of the properties and saved the project and it is running as expected again.

I've had this happen a time or two. Usually, a designer restart remedies the problem.