Perspective Single Select Dropdown - remains in edit state after clicking on clear icon

We have a single select dropdown with placeholder text and show clear icon enabled.

Placeholder text is shown when nothing is selected.

Once you select an option and clear it using clear icon as shown in the image below

the dropdown remains in edit state instead of showing the placeholder text.

Once you click somewhere else on the screen i.e. when dropdown loses focus, placeholder text is shown again.

This happens only for single select dropdown with showClearIcon = true , search -> enabled = true

Seen on Ignition 8.1.42 and 8.1.43.

The single select dropdown - clear icon click was working correctly on Ignition version 8.1.18. Observed this issue when upgraded to 8.1.42 recently.

Please advise.

Yea it's a bit weird... I hope they fix that soon.
In the meantime, you can add an onActionPerformed script to your dropdown (or a change script, but I prefer events), and put this in it:

if currentValue.value is None:
	self.parent.focus()

This will switch the focus to the parent container of the dropdown, but you can target anything you want.

edit: Actually you could even remove the null check, if you'd rather unfocus the dropdown after a selection too.

2 Likes

Thank you @pascal.fragnoud.
We handled this in the value change event and are shifting focus on another text input. This is working fine for us.