Perspective Symbol Factory

In Vision I am able to easily use a symbol from the symbol factory and edit all of the different paths that make up this symbol to create a custom symbol. However, in Perspective I can’t find any way to do that. I am only able to use the symbols as they currently are. Am I missing something or is this simply not available in Perspective? I can’t seem to find a solid answer to this anywhere else.

If this is not available in Perspective, how are you accomplishing this? Are you creating images with a third party software and then simply displaying them in Perspective? I am referencing this post when I ask the question.

I can’t say if it’ll be available in the future (i’d say not?), but you can’t do much with images in the image management tool or the symbol factory in Perspective. From memory I think there’s only a “tint” but this appears to convert the graphic poorly to raster and looks terrible!

The way I’ve always done it (including in Vision) is to create my graphics using Inkscape as vectors (SVGs) and then embed them into Perspective. Then you get full access to styling things how you want them.

1 Like