Perspective table script to refresh a table.props.selection.data (no binding on this property)

Can anyone help to get me a code to refresh a “table.props.selection.data” ?
Please note that there is no binding on this property.

I noticed this selection.data gets updated only when the table row is clicked. But I want to refresh this selection.data with a script.

Objective: Please advise if this is correct method.
I want to update the table in all sessions when there is an update from other sessions/users. Polling avoided to reduce query load.
I have created a memory tag with datetime format and tag.write system.date.now() to this tag on every insert or update on any session.
In view where table is located, created a label and bind to the memory tag.
Added a change script on this label component to refresh table.props.data.
table.refreshBinding(“props.data”) is successful, however there is a text field component to display the selected Row value, since the selection.data array does not get updated it shows old data.

Sounds like a bug. As a workaround, you might need to script the re selection of the selected rows as well

Hi @nminchin,
Thanks for prompt response.
Yes it looks like a bug.
Even if I write a script to capture selectedRow and reassign the same to table again, selection.data is not updated with new props.data.
Infact made the table.selectedRow = None and reassinged on same script didnot work.
Basically, any property value that we reassign the same value to the table with script doesn’t change selection.data

Only workaround I found is to assign a different selectedColumn, it updates the selection.data
Everytime you need to assign a new selectedColumn name so the selection.data is updated on every trigger.

1 Like